Our network is dedicated to supporting students in the District accomplish their academic
and career goals! Please take a look through our scholarship database to assist you in
this process. This database has been comprehensively designed to support a wide array of
careers, interests and disciplines. Use the search box to type in a topic of your choice.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to
have your scholarship listed or manage your listed scholarship
Award amounts are determined by the NGS Scholarship Committee
following an evaluation of the financial need analysis of each applicant. Undergraduate scholarships are
renewable until the bachelor’s degree is earned. There is no funding available for graduate students.
To be eligible, applicantsmust be enrolledmembers of
the Navajo Nation who will be full-time students at an accredited college or university. Priority will be given to
the math, engineering and environmental studies. Recipients must be a junior in college during the time the
scholarship is used and must have, and maintain, a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
1. __A completed 2010 Navajo Generating Station Navajo Scholarship Application.
2. __A one-page letter addressed to the Scholarship Committee explaining career goals, reasons for selecting
the field of study, and why the student believes SRP/NGS should provide funds.
3. __A current resume, which is to include schools attended and employment.
4. __Current and official transcripts. Do not send copies or information off the Internet.
5. Two letters of recommendation:
• __one from an instructor familiar with the student’s academic abilities; and
• __one from a college/university advisor or counselor.
6. __A copy of the Financial Needs Analysis for the upcoming school year from the financial aid office of the
educational institution, or the Navajo Nation Scholarship Office.
7. __Certificate of Indian Blood, which verifies the applicant’s Navajo Nation census number.