Our network is dedicated to supporting students in the District accomplish their academic
and career goals! Please take a look through our scholarship database to assist you in
this process. This database has been comprehensively designed to support a wide array of
careers, interests and disciplines. Use the search box to type in a topic of your choice.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to
have your scholarship listed or manage your listed scholarship
Students granted a one semester conditional appeal for University of Miami academic scholarships by the Standards of Academic Progress Committee will be reviewed at the end of that semester.
First-time freshmen are eligible for University of Miami academic scholarships for up to eight semesters; transfer students are eligible for up to four semesters. These scholarships are good for the fall and spring semesters only.
Ronald A. Hammond Scholarship recipients should refer to their contract for renewal criteria with the Office of Academic Enhancement.
- Scholarship recipients must maintain a CGPA of at least 3.0 for all credits earned at the University of Miami to retain their scholarship.
- All full-time undergraduate students are required to register for and complete at least 24 (a minimum of 12 each semester) new credit hours at the University of Miami each academic year, defined as the fall and spring semesters.
- Reinstatement of academic scholarship eligibility can be obtained by earning additional University approved credits or appealing as outlined later in this section. The University reviews progress once a year at the end of the spring semester. A student who completes courses that meet the requirements prior to the spring semester review may request, in writing, a review of their progress in advance of the end of year review. Aid eligibility will be restored upon determination that the progress requirements have been met.
- Full-time undergraduate students who enroll for only one semester are required to register for and complete at least 12 new credit hours during that semester.
- Withdrawals, incompletes, audits, and Fs are attempted but not considered earned hours.
- Cumulative grade point average under 2.70 or failure to complete 48 credits at the end of the second year or 24 credits for the subsequent year: The scholarship is rescinded. Notification will be sent to the student detailing information on the appeal process.
First-time freshmen awarded a University of Miami academic scholarship; automatically retain their scholarship after their first year of school. The student must maintain a minimum 3.0 CGPA and complete at least 24 University of Miami credit hours during their second academic year to guarantee their scholarship for the remaining two years of undergraduate studies.
First-year transfer students awarded a University of Miami academic scholarship is guaranteed their scholarship if they:
have completed 24 credit hours during their first academic year,
have maintained a minimum 3.0 CGPA, and
have registered as a full-time student for their second year of eligibility.
Transfer students meeting these requirements will be guaranteed their scholarship for four semesters or until they graduate, whichever comes first.
Any University of Miami academic scholarship will be guaranteed for the remainder of an undergraduate student’s eligibility if they are not on probation at the end of their 4th semester (2nd semester for transfer students).