Our network is dedicated to supporting students in the District accomplish their academic
and career goals! Please take a look through our scholarship database to assist you in
this process. This database has been comprehensively designed to support a wide array of
careers, interests and disciplines. Use the search box to type in a topic of your choice.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to
have your scholarship listed or manage your listed scholarship
The increasing diversity of our society reminds us that all of America's citizens must have access to higher education if our nation is to sustain and advance itself as a global, competitive democracy in the new millennium. The future of our economy and quality of life depend upon the preparation of a diverse cadre of leaders who can help build a stronger society. These potential leaders, especially those drawn from groups that have traditionally and historically been denied access to higher education, require the necessary support and opportunities to earn and complete a college education.
U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident / Foreign National
Are African American, American Indian/Alaska Native*, Asian & Pacific Islander American** or Hispanic American
- Are a citizen, national or legal permanent resident of the United States
- Have attained a cumulative high school GPA of 3.3 on an unweighted 4.0 scale or have earned a GED
- Will enroll for the first time at a U.S. located, accredited*** college or university (with the exception of students concurrently pursuing a high school diploma) in the fall of 2014 as a full-time, degree-seeking, first-year student. First-time college enrollees can also be GED recipients.
- Have demonstrated leadership abilities through participation in community service, extracurricular or other activities
- Meet the Federal Pell Grant eligibility criteria
- Have completed and submitted all three required forms: the student's application (Nominee Personal Information Form), an evaluation of the student's academic record (Nominator Form) and an evaluation of the student's community service and leadership activities (Recommender Form) by the deadline